Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bookworm of Gensan collects Ray Bradbury








To celebrate Ray Bradbury's first death anniversary on June 5 this year, I am sharing with you my collection of his works here.

I found my first Ray Bradbury book in high school among bargain books in a local book store. It was The October Country which I still have in my collection. i can say that this book initiated me into reading horror and science fiction.
My very first Ray Bradbury book
The short stories scared the bejesus out of me. It was a compendium that widened the range of folklore and myths I've known so far. Soon thereafter, my dreams were peopled with the dwarf, the man upstairs, the mall assassin, the jar and Uncle Einar. My copy is a Ballantine paperback edition with cover and inside illustrations by Joe Mugnaini. Noting the sorry state of my copy, I bought a tradepaper back edition which restored the original introduction by Bradbury, May I Die Before My Voices and the same Mugnaini illustrations.

The second book in my collection introduced me to yet another author, Robert Bloch whose works like Psycho became favorites too.
An anthology edited by Bradbury


A box set of Bradbury's novels which I bought in a book store along Session Road in Baguio City.





In this book, I discovered Bradbury's long prose-poems.

One of his books which I bought from my allowance while studying at UP Diliman in the mid-70s.












This book changed forever my perception of books and reading.






One of my fave Bradbury books!
A rare find in a used book store! illustrated by Dave McKean!

Volume 1 of the graphic novel of selected Bradbury short stories. I bought this from Ebay.ph.

Volume 2 of the graphic novel of selected Bradbury short stories.


Anthology edited by Bradbury in which he selected various sci-fi short stories.

A play by Bradbury.

 

Bradbury published these books towards the end of the 20th century.












Anthology of short stories inspired by Bradbury.
Non-fiction book on Bradbury.

An unauthorized biography of Bradbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave your comment :)