Friday, July 29, 2011

Bookworm of Gensan loves The Hobbit (Graphic Novel)








Since The Hobbit is still being filmed on location now and if you're too lazy to read the book by J. R. R. Tolkien, then The Hobbit (graphic novel) illustrated by David Wenzel is for you!

The Hobbit is the prequel to The Lord of the Ring trilogy. It tells the story of Bilbo Baggins, a relative of Frodo Baggins, how the wizard Gandalf persuaded him to join 13 dwarfs on a quest and how the ring came into his possession.

Bilbo Baggins meets Gandalf
Bilbo matches wits with Gollum by way of riddles
Smaug, the dragon, sleeping on a heap of treasures

Bilbo, made invisible by the ring, beholds Smaug amidst the treasures
When I first read The Hobbit in college, I immediately identified with Bilbo because he was a writer and also because in the first book of the trilogy, The Fellowship of the Ring, he celebrated his eleventy first (111th) birthday. Like Bilbo, I will be celebrating my own eleventy first birthday on 11-11-11!

1 comment:

  1. I have not finished reading this yet, pagkatapos ng exams ko!

    ReplyDelete

HI! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave your comment :)