Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bookworm of Gensan collects: 75 Years of DC Comics: The Art of Modern Mythmaking


75 Years of DC Comics: The Art of Modern Mythmaking by Paul Levitz is the largest and heaviest book in my collection as of today. 

It has 720 pages! It is humongous at 7.2 kilos (15.9 pounds)! It is 29 cm. (11.4 inches) wide and 39.5 cm (15.6 inches tall) tall! It is 7.62 cm (3 inches) thick, although the record belongs to another big, but that's for another blogpost to tackle! 

Taschen, the publisher for its large-format and heavy tomes, describes it as the crown jewel in the library of book collectors. And I agree!

This is one book I can't carry with me although it comes with a handy box. I can't read it on my lap because it's too heavy!




Its price is gargantuan too (even at half-price)! Click here to find out its price.




 But it contains lots of illustrations, with each chapter marked with a glossy prismatic picture! Looking at the pictures alone will take me days! With 75 years of DC Comics history and its superheroes and characters ranging from Superman to Neil Gaiman's The Sandman, this is one book I intend to savor reading one page at a time.






 It has many fold-outs reaching up to four feet!
The symbolic end page.

What lies beneath the colorful dust jacket

 

1 comment:

  1. I am not an avid fan of action heroes comic books, but I like their movies.

    ReplyDelete

HI! Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave your comment :)